Do you feel different? Lonely? Anxious? Exhausted?
Like you’ll never fit in? Never be good enough?
Are you a people pleaser? Struggling with your relationships?
You are not alone!
Many people struggle with one or more of these issues.
In fact, suicide rates have risen alarmingly in the last 20 years. More and more of us are feeling isolated and inadequate, like failures. Societal standards can be unforgiving and narrow – many of us do not fit into them, nor should we try! We are scared to be ourselves because there are harsh consequences – shaming, ridicule, violence, oppression, death.
The emphasis in our world on achievement, looking good, and fitting in takes a toll on all of us. Whether we rebel against society or acquiesce to expectations, we often end up depleted and demoralized.
What if we could learn to turn towards what makes us unique, weird, not fit the mold? Then really look. Get real about both the beauty and the challenges inherent in who we are as one-of-a-kind individuals who are also human?
Then, start moving towards what makes us feel alive. Take risks. Learn to accept and embrace our strengths, weaknesses, and awkwardness.
The goal of being radically real is liberate ourselves with compassionate authenticity. To feel more alive and whole. Able to express who we are without either apologizing for or harming ourselves or others.
What does it mean to be Radically Real?
• A willingness to see all parts of ourselves – the good, the bad, the ugly, and unconscious parts.
• Compassion – for self and others and what it is to be human – embracing our humanness.
• Having realistic expectations.
• Holding ourselves accountable without shame or harsh criticism.
• Knowing what we need and want then asking for it and/or setting boundaries.
• Reality Check – ability to discern between habitual, unhealthy patterns/thoughts/beliefs and
new patterns/behaviors/beliefs that feel awkward but are actually healthy and supportive.
If you’d like company on your journey towards wholeness, I’d love to join you!